WITLOX SNIJDERS ADVOCATEN GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. All assignments as well as follow-up or further services are only accepted and carried out by Witlox Snijders Advocaten under the explicit applicability of these terms and conditions, under exclusion of article 7:404 and article 7:407, paragraph 2 of the Dutch Civil Code.
2. These general terms and conditions apply to all services provided by Witlox Snijders Advocaten for its principal (hereinafter: ‘Client’). The stipulations in these general conditions have not only been made for Witlox Snijders Advocaten, but also for all partners and other persons respectively who work(ed) for Witlox Snijders Advocaten, or all persons who have been called in by Witlox Snijders Advocaten for the implementation of an assignment, or all persons for whose actions or negligence Witlox Snijders Advocaten could be held liable, including their heirs, and after they have left Witlox Snijders Advocaten.
3. Any liability of Witlox Snijders Advocaten is in all circumstances limited to the amount that is paid out under the terms of the business liability insurance cover of Witlox Snijders Advocaten in the matter concerned, plus the amount of the deductible which must be borne by Witlox Snijders Advocaten pursuant to the applicable insurance policy in the matter concerned. In case and in so far as for any reason whatsoever payment should not take place under said insurance policy, any liability is limited up to an amount equalling the fee(s) in the case in question.
4. In case third parties are called in to the carrying out of assignments, Witlox Snijders Advocaten shall exercise due care in engaging third parties. Witlox Snijders Advocaten cannot be held responsible for any shortcoming by such third parties. The client indemnifies Witlox Snijders Advocaten against any claims by third parties for compensation for loss or otherwise which relate in any way to the work performed in the context of the assignment.
4. Payment of invoices must take place within 14 days of being sent out, unless specific arrangements to the contrary have been agreed upon. If the stated payment term is not met, the client shall be deemed to be in default by operation of law, without any written demand or notice of default being required and the client shall owe interest at the statutory rate on payments received by Witlox Snijders Advocaten after the due dates. Witlox Snijders Advocaten is also entitled to charge the client 15% extrajudicial costs on top of the amount of the invoice. The extrajudicial costs owed shall amount to at least € 150,00 plus VAT.
5. At any stage of a case Witlox Snijders Advocaten is at liberty to charge the client an advance payment. In case of non-payment of the invoices (including advance bills) Witlox Snijders Advocaten is entitled to not to start, or to stop or suspend the services.
6. Witlox Snijders Advocaten is entitled to remove from its archives and destroy files when 5 years or more have lapsed since the relevant case has been closed.
7. The legal relationship between Witlox Snijders and their clients is governed by Dutch law. Disputes which fall under the jurisdiction of a court, will initially be exclusively settled by the Court of Amsterdam.
8. The relationship between Client and Witlox Snijders Advocaten will be governed exclusively by Dutch law. The competent court in Amsterdam shall have exclusive jurisdiction to decide any legal disputes between the parties.
9. The Dutch version of the General Terms and Conditions shall prevail over the English.